July 26, 2012. New Richmond, WI. For those who have attended any of the USA Nationals events since 1988, you know that the highlight of the weekend is certainly the quality of racing as drivers battle for a total purse of nearly a quarter million dollars. The best drivers in the country converge on the high banks of Cedar Lake Speedway and provide some of the best racing you will see anywhere in the country. Over the past many years, the event has become the one place to be each year as the weekend is filled with numerous activities for you and the family. The 2012 edition of the USA Nationals marks the 25th Anniversary of the event and Cedar Lake has 25 events planned to make sure you have an absolutely fabulous time celebrating the silver anniversary. Here they are; yes, we did purposely stick with a theme of “25” for each of the items. Enjoy and don’t forget to buy your tickets now at www.cedarlakespeedway.com. All regular campsites are already sold out but there are overflow sites available by calling 612-363-0479.
1) To celebrate the 25th anniversary with a fun twist, the top 2 qualifiers will have the option to start last in the main event. If they elect to do so and win the race, they will receive a $25,000 bonus!
2) Anyone who purchases tickets in advance of the race will be automatically entered into a drawing. 25 tickets will be selected and those fans will each receive a commemorative 25th anniversary USA Nationals T-shirt.
3) Anyone who attends the race on Friday can enter a drawing. We will select 25 names and pair each person up with one driver in the main event. If your driver wins, you win $ 250.
4) All fans will receive a gift on Saturday night. Yes, you will want to use this during the driver introduction ceremony later that evening. – Turn out the lights, watch the grandstands flicker in a rainbow of colors and the top 25 drivers roar onto the racetrack through a cloud of smoke with a spotlight on them.
5) All fans can sign up for the ladderball tournament on Saturday afternoon. Each participant on the winning team will receive $ 25.
6) Go carts will be available to race on Friday and Saturday afternoons. Fee is just $2.50 for 5 laps ($5.00 for 10 laps).
7) $2.50 beers at the party each night (Thursday and Friday) after the races.
8) The winner of Thursday’s cornbelt clash event will be guaranteed a provisional spot (25th starting spot) in the main event on Saturday night.
9) Cedar Lake Sweatshirts are just $25 this weekend.
10) 25 of the country’s best drivers will qualify for the $50,000 to win event. Don’t miss a minute of the action!
11) Advance tickets for the 2013 USA Nationals are just $25 per day if all 3 days are purchased.
12) 25 fans will be selected on Thursday night to sit in the VIP suite.
13) 25 drivers will be available for an autograph session on Saturday afternoon.
14) 25 fans will be selected and paired up with a driver in the main event on Saturday night. If your driver wins, you win $ 250. The remaining 24 people will receive a free 25th anniversary USA Nationals commemorative T-shirt.
15) 25 boxes of Huge fireworks for your entertainment on Friday night. If you missed this last year, don’t miss it this time. Some of the best fireworks you will see!
16) Both Friday and Saturday present a full race program of NASCAR Late Models. Get a taste of the weekly Cedar Lake action with complete shows each night paying $ 2,500 to win the main event.
17) Go for a ride in the Cedar Lake two-seat Late Model. For $25, you will receive 25 tickets in the raffle! This is half price from the regular price of $2.00 a ticket.
18) Attend the fans fund luncheon! Donate $25 or more to the fans fund to help your favorite drivers attend the USA Nationals and enjoy a free lunch and meet your favorite drivers on Saturday afternoon.
19) Watch the best drivers in the country battle for one of the richest purse’s in dirt late model racing. $ 250,000 paid out over the 3-day event.
20) Enjoy a packed campground with your friends. Only 25 overflow sites remain available as of the date of this press release. Reserve yours now by calling 612-363-0479.
21) 25 kids will be selected on Friday night and will receive a free light up item!
22) Don’t miss the complete Cornbelt Clash touring late model show on Thursday night. In addition to a $5,000 check, the winner of the event is guaranteed a starting spot (25th) in the main event on Saturday night.
23) 25 vendors selling everything a race fans loves and needs from die cast to T-shirts to the fabulous cinnamon roasted nuts!
24) Experience the ride of a lifetime on our mechanical bull at the pit party each night. One ride for just $ 2.50. Two tries for $5.00.
25) Wildcard ……… You fill in the 25th item for what makes this an enjoyable weekend for you. This event has it all – don’t miss it!